Thursday, January 14, 2016

Silk Painting, What a BLAST!

Click  La Petite Studios" at the bottom of this email to view my Blog page!

So.... I went on this FABULOUS 5 day silk painting retreat in Port Angeles, WA. taught by master silk artist Karen Sistek!
I was there with 2 wonderful women, Joyce from Port Angeles my roommie and Ann from Austin, we all became wonderful friends.  Days filled with eating, painting and a little bit sleep... who could ask for more...lol!
Karen's studio is at her home on a bluff looking out towards Victoria, Can. the view is amazing.
Rick, (Karen's husband and great chef) would prepare our dinner every night of which we eat steak, pork, crab, and cornish hen.
We would get up every morning ready for another day of painting, laughing, tears and joy.
It was an experience I'll never forget.
                                                                                      WOW... I had sooo much fun!

Here's a few pictures....
Joyce, Ann and Me
walking to the studio being greeted by Karen.
working in the studio

Karen top right.  Joyce Karen and Ann
My painting


My painting made into a lamp

Thanks again for stopping by!
and keep those creative juices flowing!
hugs, Debra



No comments: